Template

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Over the river and through the woods to Northtown Mall we go

It sounded like a good idea at the time.
"Do you girls want to go and see Santa today?"

We packed up and headed out to the mall.  We got there around 10:45 and the line was already wrapping around the Santa display and down the hall. 
I have to admit.....I wasn't expecting this.  I guess I should have known better but at the same time I figured that everyone probably already went to see him.  Obviously not the case.

Earlier this morning I asked Hannah what she was going to tell Santa that she wanted.
Her response "Don't worry mom, I will just tell him."

We went through that about 5 or 6 times before I finally just gave in and stopped asking.

Around 12:40 it was finally our turn!
Hailey did pretty good in line.  She kept waving and acting like she was planning on sitting by him.
That was until we were next in line.  She buried her head in my shoulder and when Mrs. Claus touched her and rubbed her back she shot up and moved her hand away.
I walked her up to Santa but it only took about 6 seconds before she was screaming.
So Hannah braved this one on her own.

Maybe next year Hails :-)

Santa: "What would you like for Christmas this year?
Hannah:  "Ummm, a puppy and a rocking chair."


And Lula?
It took a little longer to spot her this morning :-)

2 comments:

Patience said...

LOVE the santa picture! So cute! I think Violet would be just like Hailey if we tried to get her to take a picture with Santa!

That Lula - getting into everything!

AJ said...

That is a very long time to wait for Santa...

Although, I have to say, he looks very authentic.