Template

Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Getting into the Christmas spirit

A few posts back I talked about wanting to do an advent calendar for the girls.  I had BIG ideas of buying a plain white box with drawers that I would decorate to be our family's advent calendar.

So to turn this...



into something more like this....


That didn't happen.
So instead I purchased this....


The girls don't know the difference. 
They are getting the concept so next year when I make something more like above they will know just what to do!  My schedule appreciated this more :-)

Lula has brought a magic to our house that I have really needed.
Hannah is amazed by her and daddy is already ready for her to go :-)
Hannah is like a dog with a bone when she is into something and she is into Lula.  She does not stop talking about her.  Where is she, why is she doing that, why did she do it that way, when is she leaving tonight, when will she be back, etc, etc, etc.... If you know Hannah, you know what I am talking about!
For me- I have loved watching Hannah 'get into' Christmas. 
She LOVES the Osmonds Christmas CD and insists that when we are in the car it's on.

It's starting to rub off on me a little bit.  I am taking this Friday off to start my shopping and wrapping. Hopefully it will be a nice day and I will get a lot done so I actually feel accomplished in some way.

This morning when I was in the shower I could hear footprints.  Those footprints usually end up in the bathroom followed by a "Hi Mommy" but not today.  Today they were followed by cupboard doors opening and closing and I could hear "Lu-la...where are you?".
She eventually came into the bathroom with a sad sound to her voice "I can't find her.  She's not on the shelf anymore but I can't find her anywhere."

Hannah eventually found her in the kitchen.






2 comments:

Patience said...

LOVE this post - especially about getting into the spirit of Christmas. I tell you, Mike and I enjoy things so much more when Violet is entertained with them. It's fun to get into the spirit of the holidy with kids...

Kari said...

I love all of Lula's little poses. Your blog is exactly the same idea as my December daily! So fun to look at your holiday celebrations!!!! And those store bought advent calendars are the best for the kids. Mine don't enjoy the "crafty" one near as much! There's something about searching for that number that is magical....