Template

Saturday, December 10, 2011

It's party time!

This morning we found Lula hanging out on Hannah's picture.
Hannah's feeling about it was that she must be up there because she loves her. 


Tonight is my aunt Vicki's 19th annual Christmas party. 
All the girls from the Miller's side are invited.  Well- grown up girls.
Each year Vicki sends us a poem and within the poem are the directions for our 'assignment'.
This year it was to decorate a wine bottle.
Well, the directions actually said to disguise a wine bottle.  Dad warned us that she was expecting the bottles to be full so that this year when you took one home you would be getting a bottle of wine out of the deal.

I spent hours thinking about what to make.  Looking online for inspiration.
I got nothing.
I thought about making a dracula- sounds weird but I kept seeing people wrap their bottles in fabric and leave a huge collar-looking-cape thing- it was a thought.  Not very Christmas like but Twlight is all the rage these days so I thought it might have worked out.
I also thought of a Santa but figured everyone would be doind either that or a Snowman so I decided I would try my luck at a Christmas tree.
I bought a strand of the mini-est of mini lights, tiny ornaments, tinsel, etc.
I made a cone out of glittery green paper, started decorating and straight to the trash it went.  YUCK- my vision was not working out for me.

So, here I was this morning.  8 hours until party time.
Guess I'll go with a Santa after all.

Left to Right:  Snowman/sweater guy: Lee Ann, disguise mask: Mary, Sweater/necklace/hat: Maura (Elizabeth's mom), Lights with bow: Kim, Box in the background: Joanne


White angel: Vicki, Stocking/sock with candy canes: Elizabeth, Santa: Me, Christmas Tree: Tonya

Car: Diane (with help from dad), Black chalkboard bottle with white ribbon: Jennie

Christmas tree with lights and an extension cord: Anita

Grapes and EMPTY bottle: Kristin

Better pic of Diane's and Jennie's

My pics didn't turn out so well.  Vicki's basement is always a little on the darker side and there were tons of people around.  Next year I think I will take a pic of each item upstairs before it comes down. 

3 comments:

Kari said...

Those were all so cool! And yours, as always, turned out the cutest, although I loved Jennie's idea!!! :) Well, all of yours... Which one did you get?

Patience said...

I LOVE this party; every year I like finding out what the theme is. I seriously think I may have to rip this idea off and start hosting an Alaskan branch of the party. LOVE the wine bottles!

Amy Elizabeth said...

I got the one that looks like the car. It was Diane's but she informed us that "Danny helped her"- after hearing that it was real obvious. Has Dan Miller all over it :-)