Template

Monday, September 05, 2011

I'll tell Adam you said "Hi"


I love music.
I love concerts.
My music taste is pretty random.  I like almost anything and have no real 'musical style'.  I don't care if your country, metal, rock, pop, alternative, classical, showtune....you get the picture, I just wanna listen. 
 I have been to over 100 concerts and our physical music collection contains close to 1,000 CDs.

When Stacey informed me that Maroon 5 and Train were coming to the state fair it was a no brainer.  I was going to that concert.  As soon as the tickets went on sale I purchased two.  My sister, Jennie, would be joining me. 

Sept 5th finally came.  It was a bittersweet day.  The last day of the fair.  The day before school starts.  A sign that summer was officially over.

Jennie and I got to the fair a little early to have dinner.  Our dinner consisted of deep fried chocolate chip cookie dough, cheese curds, and onion rings.  Knowing it was the last day of the fair and the last time for the year that I would be able to eat the deep fried pickles, we agreed that we had to do it.  So off we went.
We got to the pickle stand and to our disappointment we saw the SOLD OUT sign posted over the Gourmet Pickles.  What a bummer!  Now what?!  Neither of us were really hungry but we had at least 30 minutes before the concert would start and since both of us felt like we could miss Train when they first started we decided to try out the chocolate covered watermelon.  We set off on our hike to the booth when all of a sudden we heard Adam. 
The crowd was screaming and Moves Like Jagger was filling the empty air space throughout the fair.  Jennie and I both looked at each other confused, is that really them?  They are opening for TRAIN?!  And they started off with their biggest song right now?!  No- can't be.  They must be playing a video or something.
The crowd continued and we quickly decided that we couldn't miss the possible chance that the concert had already started.

We climb the stairs and enter the grandstand to find Adam on stage!
WHAT?!  How can this be?!  Why is Maroon 5 opening for Train?!

I have seen Maroon 5 twice before already but this was BY FAR the best they had sounded.  Something about being outside and not restricted.  Adam's voice could not have sounded better!  Typically when they play indoors the music is so loud that it drowns out his voice- which stinks because his voice is what makes them so appealing.

It was like listening to a Greatest Hits album.  All the best songs.  One right after another.

Train came on shortly after and surprisingly put on a really good show.  Never really knew much about the personality of that band but feel like in the hour (+) we spent together I sure learned a lot. 

Awesome way to say goodbye to the summer!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

still puzzles me...Adam looked and sounded amazing, didn't he? ;-)

Patience said...

What a way to say goodbye to summer! Music, your sister, and food on a stick...