Template

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Merry Christmas!

*sigh*
It's almost over.
It doesn't feel much like Christmas this year.
It could be that I didn't think it about it much because I was too focused on work and the move.
It could be because for the past few years Brian and I have hosted so there is typically a lot of talk and planning about Christmas leading up to the day.  Menu planning, cleaning the house, etc, etc.
Jennie and Tom offered to host this year.  It made sense and of the houses available they seemed to have the most room and would allow the pup.    They did a great job!

I for one was so thankful that I didn't have much to have to worry about (except for moving out of our house tomorrow).  Every pitched in a little bit with bringing food and there were plenty of treats and snacks.  Grandpa Dan made cream wafers- whew!  I was feeling a little sad that I never got around to make them this year.  
We were suppose to be at Jennie's around 8 am however it took us a little longer to get there since the kids slept in a bit.  




It was so nice to have Kari and her family here for Christmas although there were so many people around that it brought a special level of chaos :-)  It was tough to see everything that the kids opened but they had constant smiles on their faces so I will take that as a sign of success!



With all of the recent and upcoming $$ events happening in this family, we all decided to attempt a homemade Christmas this year.  It would have been nice to not exchange adult gifts at all but it's hard to get this group on board with that idea.  

I went to my grandma's house about a week ago to pick up some things.  She gave me a bag of aprons.  These are aprons that have been around forever and first worn by my grandma and great grandma.  My sisters and I would always get 'aproned' at grandmas when we did dishes or helped her cook.  They were in pretty bad shape when she gave them to me but after soaking them in Dawn dish soap and then sending them through the wash they cleaned up just fine! 





I made each of my sisters a cabin ornament.


Each of my sisters and my mom got some of my grandma's jewelry framed.  I LOVE how these turned out and it was SUCH a fun way to preserve and display these pieces.  Fun fact:  the middle flowers were pieces that my grandma and great grandma made at a jewelry class.

  
For Jennie and Kristin (and their new rings), a ring holder either to put next to their bed at night or at the kitchen sink while they wash dishes.


Mr and Mrs ornament for the newlyweds


We had this blanket made for Grandma Bauer.  Picture from the cabin this weekend, my all time favorite picture. It turned out pretty good!


I made a bunch of bottle cap magnets for Kari, Grandma, my mom and Andres' mom.  I wish I would have taken a picture.  I made this necklace for Kimmy, not that I plan for her to wear it a lot but this pup is pretty adorable.  He should be shown off!


My shadow box creation for Bati.  It is a top loading box which means there is a slit in the top of the frame that allows one to drop things in.   I thought it would be cool for Bati to be able to store his treasures from all of the places he has traveled to and all the places he plans to go.  Coasters, pieces of currency, bus tickets, brochures, tickets, etc


Jennie and Tom needed to leave around 5 for their other party so things wrapped up in the late afternoon.
It was nice to get home a little early so we could start packing and getting ready for our big move out day tomorrow.  

Merry Christmas!  





1 comment:

Patience said...

Another success! Looks like a great time and I love those ornaments!