Template

Monday, August 27, 2012

Hyperspace

Earlier this year HealthEast announced that we will be moving off of our current EHR platforms (Allscripts and McKesson) to pursue an Enterprise Wide solution.

Today that announcement became reality as I attended the first of many long days to come.

Epic will be on site for the next 48 hours performing multiple demos of their product.  


Things started to feel very real today.  This change is really happening.  In a way I am super excited and on the other hand I am exhausted already just thinking about it.  This is awesome news for our patients.  They deserve this.  I am excited to be a part of that and excited to finally be able to offer something that our patients have asked for easier registration, 'know who I am when I go from hospital to clinic', let me schedule appointments online, give me access to my health information at anytime I want it.

This is good stuff and Epic definitely delivers in these areas.

Of course there is still another vendor, MediTech, to come and demo their product and a formal decision has not yet been made to move forward with Epic however, a girl can dream.  Can't she?!



1 comment:

Patience said...

Ah, how parallel our lives are! I don't envy your road ahead, but learning a new system will be a fun challenge. It's funny that they're between MediTech and Epic - the hospital here has MediTech and we (the clinics) have eCW. They talk, though, of having one system for both sides.... though they speak of such a system as something completely new (as opposed to expanding the MediTech usage).