Template

Monday, August 06, 2012

Agenda for the day- COMO!

Today we spent the day in Como Park.

We started at the zoo and watched the Sparky the Seal show- not as entertaining as an adult as it was as a kid and it seemed longer when we were younger but again, this was for the kids and they enjoyed it.


After the show we walked around to see the animals.  


We had a picnic lunch.
Our picnic was by far my favorite part of the day.  
It was so peaceful. The weather was perfect- it was warm but there was a breeze to give us a nice break every so often.  Most of the group sat at a picnic table but Kari, Hailey and I used the picnic blanket that we brought.  

  

As we ate, Kari and I talked about the memories we had there playing softball on the fields that were close by and all of the school patrol picnics that we went to as kids.  Being that our schools were close by, there were plenty of good times had here.


During lunch I asked Hailey what her favorite animal at the zoo was.
She responded with "The policeman on the horse".


After lunch we finished the animals and then walked through the conservatory.


After our first round through the sunken garden Hailey wanted more. "Again!"
Hannah: "Mom, can I go with Hailey?  And can I use your camera?"
I was actually a little nervous about this.  If you can remember the sunken garden, it is surrounded by water and I could picture that camera getting knocked out of her hands and landing in the water.
I decided to let her but after they took off walking, I followed them- just in case she got a little close.

Me:  "OK.  You can use my camera but first you have to pose for a picture."



Then they were off!
I caught up with them at the end of the garden and found them like this....

"Ohhh Hailey!  That one was so cute!"


On her way back up the garden she snapped this one.  Pretty sad that with all of our time together over the past few weeks we haven't taken time yet to get some pictures of us together.

Hannah took my camera for the rest of the conservatory trip.  She walked around the whole place snapping away.  It was fun to get home and see the pictures they took- she actually had some good ones in there.




Next stop- Como Lake.
One thing Kari really wanted to do while she was home was to walk the lake with the kids.  
It has been years since I walked the lake- a place that was such a part of my life growing up.  It was fun to walk the lake and even though the trees are bigger than they were 25 years ago, it still looks and feels the same.



We ended our day with dinner at Snuffy's.  
Such a great day!

1 comment:

Patience said...

Oh, I love me a day at Como!! Truly one of the best things about the cities in my opinion. I can see that Hannah will be taking after her photographing mama!