Template

Sunday, April 03, 2011

My birthday letter

The letter reads...

I was going to go shopping today to buy you something fun for 'you'.  Maybe a purse, sandals, necklace, shirt, or whatever caught my eye.
But then I called you last night while you were trying to have a little 'me' time (which wasn't working so well for you).  You told me about how you tried to have your 'me' time at 5am and that didn't work either.
It made me remember when my kids were little and how hard it was to get even a minute to yourself to do something you like doing.
That's when I decided that you can buy your own purse, sandals, necklace, shirt, or whatever catches your eye!
For your birthday I want to give you some 'YOU' time!
My gift to you is...
  • 2 Twins ticket to the Saturday May 14th game
  • A round trip ride to/from the Anoka train station
  • A nanny for the day/night (me, of course!)
From one mom to the next "YOU DESERVE THIS!"

This is my birthday gift from Stacey.  I absolutely LOVE it!
I am so excited to have a date with Brian and enjoy doing something together all while knowing that the girls are taken care of and having a good time.  Although, that isn't my favorite part of the gift.
My favorite part of the gift is the fact that my bestie acknowledged that I needed this.

It is no news that having two young children can be tiring and being the mother of those two children can be overwhelming.  You start to look for any moment that you can be alone.  The bathroom becomes your 'getaway' and usually you aren't even safe there. 

I know that there are 50 people in my life that would watch the girls for me.  It's not that I don't know that- but- it is awesome to have someone offer to take them.  Not just an open offer of  "I will take them anytime" but an acutal "Why don't you go do this at this time and I will watch the girls" type of offer.  Takes the mommy-guilt out of the equation.

Thank you my friend- this means a lot!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Keep it up, you're doing a great job at it--awesome gift Stacey!

Patience and Mike said...

Very thought friend! Mike and I would like to generously offer to watch Hannah and Hailey any time you want to put them on a plane. :-)