Template

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Actually left me speechless...giggling, but speechless

So here I am blogging about how sweet and caring Hannah is.  I talk about it almost every week.
About how she helps around the house, how she treats her sister, how great her manners are, etc.

Tonight we were watching Blues Clues.
The original host is Steve.


Then something happened and all of a sudden there is a new host, Joe.


We don't usually watch this show and it is just a new recent interest of Hannah's so we don't have the history of who, how, and why.  That part isn't important for this story anyways.

So tonight we are watching an episode and it was an older one so the host was Steve. 
Half way through the show Hannah looked at me and said "Mommy, you like Steve or Joe better?"
I reply with "I think Steve."
Hannah replies with "Joe is an ass."
Me:  "WHAT?!  Excuse me, what did you say? (said very calmly the second time- I am sure that I misheard her)
Hannah replies with "Joe is an ass, mom.  You know, like he is mean to his friends and stuff."

"Ummm, Hannah, please don't say that about anyone, that is not a nice thing to say."
(OMG!)


Yep- outta that sweet, adorable mouth

7 comments:

Kari said...

Whoa! I'm freaking out when Kas is all like "What in the WORLD..."

It is gonna be hard to keep that language away from them - they hear it all over!

Kinda funny though. At least you can blame TV. Every crazy thing my kids say (in English) gets blamed on me of course!

Jennie said...

THE most adorable picture--and whoa!!! hahahaha

Patience said...

Maybe you could look at "ass" as a Biblical term? Okay, not really the same type of reference, but, if you overlook that, maybe your cover story could be, "Oh, you know, she reads the Bible a lot...."

G said...

Ok that is frickin hilarious!!

Karri said...

At least she was correct, if he was mean to his friends he is an ass

Chris Miller said...

Whoa! is exactly the word I was thinking when I read this, and then I see both Kari and Jennie used that word in their comments, too. Funny.

Tammy said...

:) That's awesome on some level right!