Template

Friday, December 31, 2010

5..4..3..2..1....Happy New Year!!!

New Years Eve.

It is funny how a date can spark so many memories and so many feelings.

My dad's birthday is today.  Growing up we spent every New Year's Eve with some family friends.  We would either go to their house or have a party at our house.  I remember always looking forward to that and as I got older I don't remember actually wanting to do anything else.  I wouldn't have thought of it.  Being at home with my family was what it is all about.  That is what it is still about for me.  I want to create New Year's memories with my children and be surrounded by close friends.  I want my kids to look forward to 'partying with mom and dad' for New Year's.

December 31, 2002.  The night Brian proposed to me.  That night we were actually at a party with our friends and as it got close to midnight, Brian had requested a song for me.  The DJ announced it and the song "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton played.  We danced and at the end he was on one knee.  I get butterflies in my stomach thinking about it again.  Here we are married for 7 years and have 2 beautiful little girls. 

Since we have been together we have spent New Year's Eve with the Busta's.  The last few years we have gone over to Tammy and Josh's- with the Busta's.  It is perfect. 


The boys always treat us to a magic show.


The girls always crack us up with their imaginations.


There are always plenty of snacks.


Plenty of crockpots.


And plenty of smiles :-)

(she was taking pictures...or at least pretending to)

I think I may have accomplished what I have set out to do...

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

chris miller said...

Those were some special New Year's
Eves that we had, weren't they? I remember so much food and fun and laughter and games, games, games.....with Bill and Gail and Ray and their families, especially. Make a tradition for sure and try to keep it going for a long time!

Jennie said...

I think that may be one reason I love the New Year so much, we were shown how to ring it in right! lol

Keep up the tradition--love it!

Tammy said...

I didn't know Brian proposed on New Years! Love that! and love spending new years with you guys, it's been wonderful!