Template

Friday, September 03, 2010

Am I suppose to understand this??


I don't even know where to begin with this one.

You would think that with all of the inventions and technology that we have in this modern world....it floors me that we still don't have a way to keep the bolt cover on the toilet to cover that annoying bolt.

Nobody has thought of a way to lock that thing down?

It is annoying that it moves, comes off and 'hides' behind the toilet but it also makes the absolute WORST household task- cleaning the bottom of the toilet- even more frustrating!

Better yet....how often do you move a toilet?  Once you bolt it down, it is probably pretty permanent, right?!  So, if you install the toilet, then decide you need to move it, would you really care if you had to break off that cover to get to the bolt to remove the toilet?  Chances are that toilet is either being replaced or will just end up in your front yard with flowers in it anyways...

Listening to myself here, I should probably just invest in some super glue.

3 comments:

Patience said...

According to my fantastic husband, he reports that you should not have this problem. He could think of three possible culprits here: 1. the bolt is too long. 2. The washer is inverted (it should have a lip on it that would hold the cap in place). Or 3. The cap is defective, perhaps cracked. Get a new toilet. :-)

Jennie said...

I go through those exact 'wtf's' in my head about things--you can put a person on the moon, but you can't figure out how to successfuly get rid of a simple pimple? (or in this case, figure out what to do with the darn bolt cover?!!) lol--floors me...

Kari said...

Ha! I was cleaning my bathroom this morning and thinking the same thing. On one toilet the guy who installed it superglued it to the toilet, and I always think what a genius he was. Of course, have I gone and done that to the others...? No...