Template

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

De-Lish


Hailey has transitioned from eating mostly rice cereal and baby food to eating finger foods and solids.
She is a huge fan of mac 'n cheese, bananas, 'wet' toast, and fish sticks.

I remember when Hannah was little and started eating solids.  I was so exciting to stop feeding her baby food.  I was so excited for her to be feeding herself and I loved watching her pick up the food with her little pincher fingers and then shove the food into her face.  With Hailey...not so much.

Don't get me wrong, she is ADORABLE!  She probably has the cutest little face ever made and those cheeks were made for storing handfuls of noodles.  The problem is that this poor child has to deal with a mom who already saw how fast time goes by and has already watched one child grow up and become independent and isn't ready for her baby to get any older.

You are getting the hint. 

You've heard me say it before.

I appreciate the fact that my girls are growing up and learning new things and I am looking forward to the days when things get a little easier but I am going to miss them at this age.  I am going to miss Hailey's chubby legs.  I am going to miss her gums. 

I am looking forward to watching her grow and seeing who she becomes but can't I just feed her baby food for a little while longer?

Until she's like 16?

No comments: