Template

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Bumps on a log...or house



Came outside to put my car away tonight.
Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something on the house. 
Three big spots.
My heart stopped.  I wanted to look but I didn't want to know what it was.

It was probably just a huge moth or something.
Maybe it was just some dirt.
Better yet, maybe a shadow. Could it be?

Got in a little closer and my stomach jumped into my throat!



Three HUGE (about the size of a half dollar- at least) frogs/toads, whatever - nasty either way, were hanging on the side of the house.  Even though I knew that it was probably very unlikely that they would jump off of the house and onto my face, that is all that I could picture happening next.  My skin was crawling.

I went into the house to get my camera and when I came out and started getting close to the side, I noticed something hanging on the side of one of the flowers...


Now, inside the house, looking at these pictures, I kind of wish that I would have gotten my big lens and taken some cool pictures of these guys but I kinda hated them. 

I was even having trouble looking through the camera view finder to snap them for fear that I would be attacked.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

i don't blame you...something about reptiles/amphibians have always given me the heebie jeebies--especially jumping ones :/