Template

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Has it seriously been 20 years?!

Tonight is my 20 year High School Reunion.
2-0, Twenty.

Our morning started at the cabin and our plan is to leave this afternoon with plenty of time to make it back so that I will have time to shower and get ready.

This morning Jennie took the girls on a 4 wheeler ride while Kristin and I took Reggie for a walk.  He was doing ok until Jennie drove past us and made her way onto the trail that led off into the field.
He started to pull in that direction and Kristin tugged back on the leash.  The second time he PULLED in that direction and Kristin TUGGED back on the leash.  On his third attempt he actually broke loose.  He PULLED on that leash and he was gone.  Trotting down the trail after his mommy.


I wish I could say that I didn't have any nerves about the reunion tonight but that was not the case.  I tried not to think about it and kept telling myself "you are close to 40- who cares what they think" but that is always easier said than done.
I didn't do a very good job getting the word out about it.  I put something out on Facebook and decided that if you didn't have a friend that was on Facebook that would pass the word along then I guess you weren't finding out.  Not very nice but there is too much going on right now to plan a reunion and track down people's addresses to mail invites, etc.  We had contacted an old teacher that put something on the school's website so there was at least that too.

Our class didn't have money to use to rent out a place and word on the street was that people were upset last time when they were asked to pay $10.  No way that we would have gotten a very big turn out trying to hold it at a hotel or something.  Half Time Rec here we come!
In my opinion, besides potential parking issues, that location was perfect.  There was a side of the venue saved for us and it was plenty big.  What more do you need but a place to sit and talk.
The band that was there was playing music from the 90's and they were good which was a bonus.
Hope to see everyone again in another 5.


The turn out wasn't that great but it's never good to plan summer events anyways.  
It was a fun night.  I am glad I went. 

Jaime and Jennie

Justin

Andy Mac

Mollie and Mark- have been going to school with these two since Kindergarten!

Adam

No comments: