Template

Saturday, June 07, 2014

Grab a level, Another Plus to Being Married to an Engineer


 I have been trying to think of a way to decorate Hailey's room.  While we were looking at bedding online I found a bunch of cute sets that were patterned but when I showed them all to her she really wanted the pink ruffly one.  I saw these glitter chevron decals at Target while we were living at Denny and Judy's and have been keeping my eye on them.  I finally decided that I should go back and look at them again to see their size, etc.  The decision was made when I got there to find that they were on clearance for $5.98 a pack (three sheets, they were normally $19.99).  

I thought I could hang them by myself so I consulted with Brian to see what he thinks about how I should get started.  He looked at me like I was on drugs for thinking that I could just stick them up.
He instructed me to grab a level and the small ladder from the garage and my quick project turned into the night's event.   These decals come in small sections, by color.  We decided the pattern we wanted and started peeling and sticking.  


The girls were next door at Jacob's so they had no idea what we were up to.  I looked outside to check on them and saw that the neighbors were gathering for Happy Hour in someone's driveway outside.  Poor Brian- he was stuck in here playing with stickers while there was a party going on.
 But he stuck with me, pardon the pun, and within a few hours our work was complete.


It certainly paid off.  Hailey LOVED it!
Now to figure out the rest of her walls...





No comments: