Template

Thursday, October 10, 2013

"What if we change up our minds?"




Everyone's been really curious about how the girls feel about moving.
I hate to admit it but I am really not sure.
We try not to talk about it too much with them directly just because it's going to be a long time before our house is ready.  We have a lot of decisions to make and up until recently we could have changed our minds.  We paid our down payment last Friday so now the conversation is more direct and matter of fact.  We are moving.  Here is our new yard, etc.

They seem to be ok with it but I am not sure they really get what's happening.  After all, our new house is just a pile of dirt right now.

Tonight we had a few errands to run and it was just the girls and me in the car.
We started talking about the new house and the questions started flowing in.

"What if we change up our minds and don't wanna live there anymore?"
"Won't we miss Brody?!"
"How does someone else live in our house?"
"How does our new house get built?"
"Is Mike going to live there with us?"
"Will I have my own bathroom?"
"Is my room bigger than my room now or smaller?"
"Will we have a bottom floor, a middle floor and a upstairs floor?"
"Will we have a fridge with water on the door?"

Tonight while putting Hailey to bed she started to cry.
"What's wrong honey?!  Why are you crying?!"
She replied "I like my curtains, I not want to leave them here."
"Oh honey!  Don't worry, we get to bring all of our stuff with us."
"Even my undies?!" she asked.
"Yes honey, even your undies."
"And my babies?  And clothes? And bed daddy made me?"

It was such a sweet conversation and when I think about it, these girls have been coming to a furnished model home with us- no wonder the poor little thing thought she'd have to leave all of our stuff here.  I was able to calm her nerves letting her know that all of our stuff will be coming to our new house and she was much better. 

Hannah and I also had a conversation tonight but her concerns were much different. 
"I am really worried mom.  How are you and dad going to get all of our stuff to the new house?"
"Oh don't worry about that- we will lift it, put it in a truck and drive it there."
"What?!  You guys can't lift this stuff!  That is not safe.  You will get hurt!"
"Nah, don't worry buddy.  Maybe we can even get people to help us.  It will be ok."
"But then how will we have room in daddy's truck for all of that?  I think about those things and I worry about you."

Two little sweeties!  I can't wait until we are in our new house and settled.


2 comments:

Jennie said...

Hahaha, oooh, sweet Hailey needed her undies to accompany her on the move!! LOL--love that little one :-)

Patience said...

Wow, aren't you glad you chatted with Hailey?! It is funny how their brains work - very clear and simple. So excited for you!