Template

Friday, October 18, 2013

St Albans 2013

There aren't many things about my childhood house that I miss.  I hate to actually admit that but the place doesn't look the way that it did when I was little.  

I had to go to mom's today after work to pick up a chain that Brian needed for this weekend.
One thing that hasn't changed much is this view coming down the street.



The trees are much larger than they used to be but they still drop their leaves in the street.  
The street is so narrow that you almost feel like you are getting a hug as you drive down it.  
I never realized just how narrow the street is until I moved out into the suburbs where things are a little more spaced out.  Another thing that seems weird to me is just how many cars are parked on the street.  Out in the burbs we have driveways and in many of the cities you can't even park on the street or at least have to have the cars off the street at night.  Growing up on this road you don't know any different.  

I have such fond memories of playing on this street.  Riding our bikes, playing football (or really, watching the boys play), kickball and baseball.  Drawing the field-of-the-day with chalk and using sweatshirts and any other thing we could find as the bases.  We would play outside all day.
I am anxious to see what kind of kids will live by us in our new house and neighborhood.  Where we are now there are not many other kids.  Or at least kids that we see.  I want my kids to grow up with the types of neighborhood friends that I had.   I hope we have that at our new house.  So far we have seen signs of kids by our new house so it looks promising but only time will tell.


1 comment:

Jennie said...

I drove down her street not too long ago too and thought the same thing about the street!! But I love it--it's so pretty with all the trees/leaves