Template

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The things we take for granted

Ok, so maybe that title isn't the best for this post considering all of the things in our lives that we take for granted but for me, this is one of those things.

I have many meetings each month at St Joe's and Bethesda hospitals which are both located in/just outside of downtown St Paul.
I park in the ramp at St Joe's and today while getting into my car I looked up before backing out of my parking spot and saw this.
The cathedral is such a HUGE and breathtaking building and how often we hardly even notice it is there.

Today it stopped me in my tracks and I sat for a few minutes and just appreciated it's beauty and power.


Each time I am at Bethesda I see the capitol.  From many of the conference rooms at Bethesda you actually sit in a room that has this view.  Breathtaking!


One of these days my camera is coming to work with me.....

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I adore the cathedral--part of the reason I insisted I live so close to it for so many years ;-) Great pics!

Patience said...

You should take your camera! Those are beautiful views! I do miss the buildings there - gorgeous!