Template

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Project Loft

One thing about having a new house is that everything is bare.  The walls are empty, the corners are empty, the shelves are empty.  I know with time I will be wishing those days back but for now, it makes things feel temporary.   I want so badly to have a house that feels like a home and I think by doing some decorating it will start to help feel like 'ours'.

I started to buy things for the loft, that and the office were the two 'easiest' rooms for me to think about.  I have collected enough stuff and it is finally time to start arranging.

The girls had painted a few canvases for the loft so I know that I wanted to get those up on the wall.  My new Pinterest trick of hanging a template first is so helpful.  I usually end up hanging the template on the wall and letting it sit there for a few days until I am sure that I like the layout.



The wall above the TV was pretty easy.  I knew I wanted the canvases there but now I have to tackle the couch wall.  The wall is huge and a little overwhelming.
I had picked up random things at Hobby Lobby and Gordmans and tried to lay them out on the floor to get a shape I liked and I just couldn't get there.  I guess that only means one thing.....I haven't found it yet.  Time to take stuff back to the store.
 


 


1 comment:

Patience said...

That looks cute!! Decorating is so much fun!!