Template

Friday, February 14, 2014

"I can't believe you did this"

The girls both had Valentine's Day parties to attend today.  They spent the last few nights writing out their Disney Frozen Valentine's for their friends.  Hannah was very careful to select 'boyish' ones for all of her boy friends.  I tried to tell her it didn't matter but she would tilt her head sideways and say "Mom, they don't want girlie Valentine's, that would be rude." It was pretty cute.

Brian sent me some beautiful roses today.  It was a very nice surprise.
I got home before the family today and set up a candlelight dinner.  I made some chocolate dipped strawberries and picked up Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner.

Brian texted me when they were about 5 minutes out.  I turned out the lights and waited by the door.
When the girls walked in I had them stop by the door to take off their shoes and coats.
Once they came in and turned the corner they were truly surprised by what they saw.
Hannah:  "What did you do?!"
Hailey:  "It's beautiful!"
I sat them down and took their drink orders.
When I pulled the wings out of the oven they both went crazy.


"Mom, how did you do this?!"
"You did all this? I can't believe it."
Throughout the whole dinner they made comments and expressed their amazement that I could actually pull something like this off.  

Brian's parents have been gone for the past two weeks in Arizona, checking out winter homes. We pick them up tonight at the airport.  It's been quiet around here.  It will be nice having them back.


1 comment:

Patience said...

Looks like it was a great Valentine's night! I love that you did it as a family!