Template

Friday, February 07, 2014

A different kind of overwhelmed

I wasn't expecting much to be done at the house today so I was also a little overwhelmed with the amount of 'new things' that emerged today.
Brian stopped there before he went to pick up Hailey and there was so much to see that he ran out of time.  We decided that we would eat dinner quick and then head back there to check things out.

We have lights, siding and installed appliances.


This light is in our stairway.  There is one on each side of the large window.  We don't have electricity yet so we can't turn them on but they sure look nice hanging up there.

Our microwave installed in the island.  Apparently it's the 'new thing'.  I wasn't so sure about it when Dale first mentioned that that's where we could put it but the more we talked it seemed like the perfect solution.  If we put it above the double ovens it could get really high which would make getting food out very difficult and the kids would have to be pretty old before they could reach.  Looking at the kitchen now, I like it.  I like not having a microwave in sight and especially not taking up valuable counter space.

The double oven has been installed and it looks fantastic!


The range hood installation has started.  There is still another piece that needs to be added to the top, pretty sure it's going to look great!  (Man I LOVE that tile!)


I couldn't get pictures of many of the other lights.  It was really dark by the time we got there- luckily Brian took pictures when he had first stopped by.  Thankfully he got this picture of the siding too!


I felt so relieved looking at this picture.  I was starting to get real nervous about the siding color for some reason but seeing it in a larger area, makes me real happy.

1 comment:

Patience said...

Huh, who would have thought to put the microwave in the island - brilliant! still love everything