Template

Saturday, August 24, 2013

It's about time!

My dad drove up to the lake today and brought my grandma and Bob.
They haven't been up here yet this year and it was such a treat to have them there!
 
It was hot but there was such a nice breeze that it kept everyone cool enough- as long as you sat in the shade.
 
 
 Grandma:  "Ya know, I just can't do things like I used to."
Me:  "Oh yeah, like what? "
Grandma:  "Well, things are just getting harder.  There's a lot of stuff I haven't done."
Me:  "Well, What haven't you done that you want to do?  You wanna go on the 4-wheeler don't you?" (I was mostly joking)
Grandma:  "No, I have never been on one."
Me:  "Well, do you wanna?  I can take you for a ride.  I'll go real slow."
Grandma:  "You think I can get up?"
Me:  "For sure!  Let's do it!"
 
We snuck away while everyone else was in the house and once we started 'er up they all heard the commotion and came out to see what was going on. Needless to say they were all pretty amazed that I had talked her into this.
 
 
She actually enjoyed herself!  Go Granny!
 
 
 

2 comments:

Jennie said...

LOVE that pic of her on the 4-wheeler!

Patience said...

That is a great picture! And what a fabulous experience for her!