Template

Saturday, August 17, 2013

I'm getting another Brother-in-law!!!!

Today is the day!!
 
A few weeks ago I received a text from Bobby while I was at work.  He was wondering if the family was free on Aug 17th.  I texted back the details I knew and then he asked if I had a minute to talk.  I was just getting ready to start a meeting but there was NO way I was going to wait to find out what this was all about.
 
As I had HOPED he told me of his plans to propose to Kristin that day.
YES!  I was so excited- goosebumps AND tears!
 
He had asked me to help get the family to his house that night.  We needed to think of a good reason to get people there.  He and Kristin already had a 'day date' planned and as of today she didn't know what they were going to do.  He thought he would keep the day a surprise.  We talked about how that may give her ideas so it would be better to just tell her their plan.  He had appts made for her to get her hair done, then a pedicure and manicure followed by a massage.  All of this because it was a 'celebration for her finishing her classes'.  Little did she know when they arrived back home that night that there would be a party waiting for her :-)
 
Bobby's sister, Sue, and I were enlisted to help get things organized.
We helped to brainstorm ideas about how it should happen and what to tell everyone else to help get them there.  Bobby's plan was to invite family and close friends to a 'surprise graduation party' for Kristin.  She went back to school for Radiology and ever since then she has been complaining about homework, classes, and not being able to do things because of homework and classes.
Bobby wanted to throw this little party to celebrate the fact that we would be able to see her again.
Seemed believeable.
 
That day arrived and I couldn't WAIT!
 
Their day started around 10 am.  Kristin started posting updates on Facebook about their whereabouts- hair appt, nails, massage, etc.
 
We arrived at Bobby and Kristin's around 4:15/4:30.  They were expected around 5:15.
 
I had made some signs for the kids to hold that said 'Way to go Kristin!' (well, Loriann made the signs since she has better handwriting)
The plan was for the kids to be standing around holding the signs when they drove in.  Once Bobby parked the truck, they would see the people/party and make their way to the yard.  Once Kristin turned the corner of the truck, the kids would change their signs and he would drop to his knee.
 
 
 
It pretty much went perfectly!
Although, the 'we are on our way text' that his sister and I were expecting never made it to us so of course, Hailey and I were in the bathroom when I saw them pulling in.  Luckily Kristin knew something was up and stalled a few minutes before getting out of the truck so we didn't miss it.

 
  Her reaction was priceless!
She was so emotional and broke down crying.  Such a REAL response.

 
Everything was perfect!
 
Thanks Bobby for including all of us and letting us be a part of your speical day!
 

1 comment:

Patience said...

genius proposal! He's clearly a smart guy and is going to be the perfect addition to the clan! I hope Hailey is taking it okay....