Template

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Choo Choo!

 

Ever since the Illinois State Fair last year I have been wanting to see Train in concert again.
So far both times I have seen them it has been on accident.
First time was at the MN State Fair- Train and Maroon 5- figured Train was opening for Maroon 5, nope other way around.
Second time was at the Illinois State Fair- when Molly and Loriann drove 3.5 hours with me to see Andy Grammer, Train was the headliner that night as well.

Needless to say, they are AWESOME live.  They sound great and their set lists are put together very well- perfect mixture of old, new and they always throw in a cover or two.

I had my eye on them and noticed that they had a gap in their current tour schedule.  That gap just so happened to be right during the MN State Fair time.  I was super happy when they announced they would be at the fair although not totally surprised, I was expecting it :-)

Molly and Loriann were interested in going again so we bought 6 tickets.
They were going to bring their husbands and I figured that I would be able to talk Brian into it.  They aren't his favorite and although he won't turn them off if they come on, he doesn't play their music on purpose....too top 40 for him ;-)
It was getting closer and closer to the date and he was standing firm on his response of 'NO' so I asked Karri if she wanted to join me.  She was able to and I was really looking forward to spending some time with her.  
We emailed and texted our plans and then Wednesday evening I got another text that she was not sure she would be able to go.  Courtney was having severe abdominal pain and was on her way to the ER.  She would keep me updated and let me know.
Turns out the poor thing needed emergency surgery (appendix) and our date was cancelled.
I got in touch with Jennifer on Thursday morning and she was able to make it so we met at a park 'n Ride by my work and headed out to the concert!
Although I was upset that Karri couldn't make it (totally understand why!), I was excited to hang out with Jennifer.  We definitely don't do that enough (or ever) and all the other times we get together it's family stuff or the kids are with us.

The concert was GREAT!  It was SUPER moist out- hot and humid- and by the end of the night we were all dripping but it was a great show and a TON of fun!



1 comment:

Patience said...

So glad I wasn't there....sticky sweet doesn't sound like fun, even if it is at a fabulous concert!