Template

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Grammies

It started on Christmas Eve 2009. 
We were on our way to The Parmley side Christmas celebration when from the backseat Hannah asked "Are we going to my white gramma's or my brown gramma's?"
Brian and I looked at each other in hopes that one of us knew the answer to that question.

We quickly started whispering to each other to get the answer so that we could tell her.  "What is she talking about?  Could she mean the color of their hair? Your mom is always more tan than mine, could that be it?"

We decided to go with the hair color and answered 'White Grandma's....?"  (we weren't totally sure)

We turned the corner onto Denny and Judy's block, Hannah saw their house and yelled out "Woo Hoo!  Brown gramma's!"

Ahhhhh......she must mean the color of their house.  Of course.

Since then her relationships with her grandma's have become very special to her.  She is always talking about them and if she has good news, she usually wants to call them to tell them all about it (by the time I actually get out the phone and start to dial, she is over it, but at least she was thinking about them)


Brown Grandma, Grammy, Gramma Judy, Gramma with the Grandpa, Grandpa Denny's Gramma, Brian's mom, my daddy's gramma Judy, my silly gramma, my gramma that makes the cookies



White gramma, Gramma Chris, Gramma without the grandpa, you mom, my gramma with Jennie, gramma with the cabin, Grammy

 Bob's gramma, gramma with Benji, my other gramma, Gramma Bauer


Whenever I catch her in the act doing something cute or being extra smart I will say to her "Who taught you how to be such a *fill in appropriate adjective here* (cute, good, fun, special, smart, etc) kid?"  She usually answers with "My Gramma did.  She really did."

No comments: