Template

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Trip to the store


Brian was making sloppy joes for dinner tonight but as he started we realized that the buns we had weren't good anymore.
My little side kick and I decided to run up to the store for buns.
On our way out the door Daddy yelled to us to grab chips also.

In the car Hannah told me that we should make a song so we don't forget. 
So from the backseat I start to hear this made up song about buns and chips.
Adorable right?!

We get into the store and I say "Hannah, remember what we need?"
She bursts into the song that she just made up.
All of the people in the store turn to look at her and start smiling and giggling...'Look at her!"

We grab buns.
"Mommy, I will hold those."
We grab chips.
"Mommy, daddy would like these ones.  I will hold them. Can I get these two? (as she point to a can of Pringles-the cheese ones)"
We grab some chip dip.
"Mommy, that's a good idea.  I will hold it."

Now, if you were paying attention that is a package of buns, a bag of chips, can of Pringles, and container of chip dip.  She had them all.  I was carrying nothing.

"Hannah, want me to take something honey?"
"No mommy, I can handle it."

And she did.

Felt sort of silly walking around the store only carrying my purse when this little 38 inch bundle of joy is looking like a sherpa.

2 comments:

Patience said...

Oh my word, she is too cute. Any time you want to ship her up to Alaska to help me grocery shop, you just let me know!!

Chris Miller said...

Let's sing a song so we will remember?! Where has she been all my life when I make those goofy trips downstairs and then have to go back up empty-handed cuz I can't remember what I went down there for! The old Bill Cosby joke was just touch your butt, cuz as soon as you sit back down, it'll come to you. Right!