Template

Saturday, November 13, 2010

It's SNOWING

Today we had the first snowfall of the season!

I am a typical Minnesotan.  I think the snow is beautiful.  I believe that it wouldn't feel like Christmas without snow.  I don't mind sitting inside and looking out at it.  I do not need to be out there 'in it'.

Now that I have kids I don't get to 'opt out' of winter.  I can't hibernate and just use it as a tunnel between my house and the car.  I have 4 eager eyes staring at it wondering when they can get out there and touch it.

After about 5-10 minutes of dressing we were finally ready to go outside.  Hannah was beside herself.  She was so excited to just run in the yard and 'stomp through it' with her boots on.
Hailey just wanted to point and grunt.  I believe that she was telling me that someday when she is able to walk she is going to follow Hannah around in that yard "You just wait and see mom".

We made snow angels and threw snowballs.
We even had time to eat a 'snow popscicle'.



Maybe this cold, wet stuff isn't so bad after all!

2 comments:

Kari said...

i love those pics.
and you make me laugh - tunnel between car and house indeed! ha!

Chris Miller said...

The worst part was always getting on the clothes...snowpants, hats, mittens, boots, etc. I had my fill of that, especially when someone would decide they had to go to the bathroom right after the last piece went on!