Template

Monday, November 15, 2010

My comfort


Last weekend I had an appointment to get my eyebrows waxed. 
When Hannah found out I was leaving she immediately started putting on her coat letting me know that there was no way I was getting out of the house without her.

Me:  "Hannah, you can come with me but I have a few things I have to do.  You gonna be ok with that?"
Hannah:  "I can be just fine mom.  Where you going?"
Me:  "I have to go and get my eyebrows waxed and then go to Cub and Target."
Hannah: "Eyebrows?!  Cub-the just my size cart place?  OK!"
Me:  "Ok, well just so you know when mommy gets her eyebrows waxed you need to be very quiet and sit very still.  OK?"
Hannah:  "OK mom.  Why can I not talk?"
Me:  "What the lady is going to do hurts mommy a little so we need to be sure that you are staying out of her way."
Hannah:  "Ok mommy.  It will be ok.  I will be there the whole time holding your hand.  I will be right next to you."

Sure enough, she was an angel.
Sat next to me the whole time holding my hand.

When I was done I sat up and she wrapped her arms around me "Mommy!  You did it.  I told you you be ok.  Great job!"

Can your heart actually melt away?

2 comments:

Patience said...

OMG - I love your girls and these posts! I love the fall picture and this story... I am so excited for when Violet can talk. I think if Hannah were a boy, he would have punched your arm and said, "Suck it up Mom!" Not nearly as cute!! :-)

Chris Miller said...

What a cute story, Amy. She is the little protector, isn't she?