Template

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Inside this building


I had a meeting at St John's Hospital yesterday.

As I was walking from the parking lot into the hospital I had to stop and take this picture from my phone.  

Tears filled my eyes and memories started pooring into my mind.
First of all, this building has so many memories for me.  I used to work in the professional building attached to the hospital.  It was my first 'real job' out of college at Peds for Health and now here I am 12 1/2 years later, still with HealthEast.  This company has given me so much opportunity and I am so grateful.
Secondly, both of my children were born here.
When you are in labor and driving up to this entrance, there is NOTHING you want to do more than to get out of the car and into that building were someone can help you!
Then you get inside and your life begins.  You hold that little baby and look at your husband and you have never felt so calm and together.
This building gives me a sense of peace. 
Inside of that building I have found myself both personally and professionally.

3 comments:

Kari said...

Great post. I like that idea! And I also loved the hospital where the kids were born. Even though we had such a hard time with Tin being in intensive care, I still think of the clinic where they were born as a place of peace and happiness and general contentment...

Lately I have been missing Walgreens, if you can believe it! I still feel a little "at home" there when I walk into that store on Lexington and Larpenteur.

Chris Miller said...

Amy...you are getting pretty sentimental in your old age. It is quite becoming, Love you, honey, and all the wonderful thoughts I read about your little family everyday. I am so proud of you and Kari and how much you love your children and spouses. That is the best thing about life, in my opinion....and outweighs any other riches you could have.

Anonymous said...

Well said...