Template

Monday, February 20, 2017

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

The Maroon 5 concert is tonight.
This morning we decided to go get some brunch and then walk around downtown Milwaukee.
There is an adorable 3rd ward district that has tons of cute shops and restaurants.

Our brunch was delicious- we ate at CafĂ© Benelux.  Recommended by a friend of Katie's.  Good call friend of Katie's, good call.  We then walked down the block checking out each cool looking store along the way.
We came to an intersection and glanced over at one of the hotels on the corner.  There was a huge tour bus outside of the hotel and 4-5 guys hanging out on the sidewalk looking like they were waiting for someone.  We giggled and made a joke about how it's probably Adam.
We took a few more steps and then stopped, turned around and looked harder.
I mean it's probably not but what if it is?  It could be.  I am sure it's not but we are here, so close and should probably just walk over there and see what those dudes are waiting for.
Loriann started across the street.  She saw something and as she turned around to come and tell me what she saw I noticed Jimmy Valentine of Maroon 5 walk out of the hotel and hop onto the bus.
OMG!
We went dashing over across the street to join the other groupies. (only 5 dudes that were carrying album covers, drums, and other things for the band to sign).  My heart started racing and I could not believe what was about to happen.

One at a time they came out.  The dudes ran over, got some signatures and then came back over to where we were standing to wait for the next guy.






As each one came out I got more and more excited.  My heart was pounding and I was starting to shake.  It's kind of embarrassing but I was totally star struck!
OMG!  It's Jesse Carmichael!



That leaves one guy left.  Only one guy left to come out and get on the bus.  As much as I had my hopes up I figured that he probably would take a different bus.  He was probably getting put into a car in the back of the hotel- even though there were only 10 people out on this street waiting for him.
But then......the bodyguard came out and said "It will be just one minute"
And then......... OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!



He came out and announced that he didn't have time for pictures but would sign anything they had.  Give it to my guy and he'll bring it on the bus.
Then in a flash he was gone. 



I can't believe we saw him!  I can't believe I was so close to him!

The rest of the day was a blur.  We shopped some more and had lunch.  Everytime I thought about what just happened I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear.  That was amazing!





We had a great dinner and then took an Uber to the show.
As expected, the concert was great and we had a good time!






No comments: