Template

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

All About the Boxes


 


Valentine's Day.  The kids are told that they can make card boxes if they want and usually these two don't care so much about it but this year, thanks to Pinterest, Hannah decided she wanted to make her own.  I was gone for a bit of the night and when I got home I saw that she indeed made her own treat box.  It was ADORABLE!  She put so much time and effort into it.







Hailey went back and forth on whether or not she cared to make one and eventually agreed that she would bring one if I 'helped her'.  We talked through a few ideas and landed on a simple emoji theme. 



The girls were filling out their Valentines and I was looking over their shoulders, just a little.  Just to make sure they were keeping track of who they had done one for, who was left, etc.  Then I saw this!





It was written out for a boy in her class. 
Me:  Hannah! What on earth!  You can't write that!
Hannah:  Why?  I don't want him to think that I like him.
Me:  Sorry dude but you have to give Valentine's to everyone, not just your friends.
Hannah:  He is my friend.
Me:  Then I am confused.  Why on earth are you writing that?
Hannah:  Because he is just my friend and the front of this card might make it sound like I like him like him.  Not as friends.

We found a new card for this dude and threw this one away.  Whew!  That was a close one. LOL

No comments: