Template

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Track and Field 2016

Today was Track and Field Day!

2nd graders wear blue, Kindergartners wear yellow.
Once again, the weather was perfect and the energy from the kids and teachers made for a very enjoyable day.


Hanah with her lunch buddies.  These girls decided to tell each other something they liked about each other while they were eating.  Although some of them had a hard time and got real shy, I was pretty impressed to hear the things they came up with.  "I love your laugh.  I like your hair.  I admire how brave you are. You are a good friend.  You are funny.  You are smart."  


Two peas....Hannah and Mrs Dau each getting massages between events.


Hailey and her crew!


 

I was walking between events, switching off every other hour with the girls.  When I came back to find Hannah and her group I noticed that she was with Mrs Dau, standing along the track cheering on the older kids as they ran by.  It was the sweetest thing.  They were shouting "You can do it!  Keep going!  You got this!"




Hailey and Mrs Rootes.  I got to eat lunch with both girls today.  I loved having picnics with each of them and their friends and loved that they liked having me there (I don't embarrass them yet!)




And it wouldn't be a successful day at Track and Field without frying.
It's always the first burn of the year and even though I know it's not good for me, I love the first burn of the season.  It's so bad for my skin but the feeling of that first sun-kiss, it's a sure sign that summer is on it's way!  (Relax- it looks worse than it feels!)


No comments: