Template

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Feeling Blue

In March while we were shopping for bedroom furniture we came across a sideboard that we loved.
It was from HOM and was the exactly the type of design that I was thinking about for the dining room wall.  I have never been too sure about putting something against that wall but knew that it would seem too empty if it was left so it would only be a matter of time.
2 months later and I am still thinking about that piece.
I sent the link to Brian and asked if we could think about making this out of pallet wood.
The dreaded 'what's your plan for the finish' question came up and as always I hadn't gotten that far yet.  Katie and I were chatting about it and she mentioned that it would look cool to have a statement piece there.  "Have you ever thought about painting it a color?"
Honestly I hadn't until she brought it up but then at that moment I was pretty
sure paint was the way to go.
Then you know the rest.....multiple trips, tons of swatches, lots of texts asking for advice.

I am pretty settled on some type of blue.
I like the idea of a chalk paint.  I also think that staining it first and then sanding away some of paint might look pretty cool.  Brian is almost done so I need to start experimenting soon.



Brian laid a tape template out on the floor.  Just to make sure it wasn't sticking out too far and also to train the family that there would soon be something there.


Just testing out the colors :-)  Don't judge.


No comments: