Template

Monday, July 29, 2013

Right on time!

Jennie's wedding is just around the corner.

When she first got engaged I was a little jealous.  With the internet and sites like Pinterest, bride-to-be's are so lucky!  There are so many ideas, so many themes, many old traditions have been thrown out the window and weddings have different rules than they used to. 

Lucky for Jennie, she's got her own taste.   As much as she has used these sites to waste time, I find it hard to believe that they provided her source of inspiration.  It was fun following her tags but at the same time I felt relieved.  There are WAY too many ideas out there and for me, it would have been paralyzing.

Jennie has always had a pretty good idea from the start of the 'look and theme' she wanted.  There are some details in her wedding that are very important to her and then there are others that she is not so passionate about.  I offered to help and was willing to help in anyway that I could.

Dresses- check
Makeup, hair- check
Venues- check
DJ, Limo, Photo Booth- check
Centerpieces- Check
Invites- 'crickets'

There it is!  Something I can help with!!
She was more than willing to take the help (and VERY appreciative).  She showed me a few of her ideas and turned me loose.  She was involved in any decision I needed her to make but pretty much gave me free reign to do whatever I wanted.  We went out shopping with the idea to buy pre-made kits that we would just need to print but came home empty handed.  Nothing was going to work.  Well,  of course there were a few that Jennie would have settled on but I wasn't having it.  We can do better.

After a few 'design' sessions we had a winner and this evening the assembly line began!  Mom and Jennie will be coming over later this week to address and stuff the envelopes and invites will be mailed out by the end of the week- right on time!









1 comment:

Jennie said...

I appreciate your help SOOOOOO much!! So happy I let you take over the invites!! They turned out great, and kept me sane. You're the best!!! :-)