Template

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Oh NO!

Over the past few weeks there have been notes at Hannah's school that kids have been out with strep throat.
1.  I really appreciate knowing
2. I figured it was only a matter of time

A few days ago Hannah started waking up with a hoarse voice.
This morning when she woke up it was hoarse and didn't get much better as the morning progressed.  I picked her up from daycare and her voice was still scratchy.  I asked her how she felt and she said her throat hurt a little bit.

With Kari and the boys coming home tomorrow I knew I had to act fast.
I brought her into Target's Minute Clinic and she tested positive for Strep Throat.


I knew all of those years working in Peds would pay off :-)
It took a while for the Nurse Practitioner to confirm the test was positive so not sure if it was a mild case or if we just caught it right at the beginning but I was happy to be leaving there with antibiotics- and a kid who overall felt pretty good!

1 comment:

Patience said...

Score 1 for Nurse Mom who caught the strep before her daughter felt like the walking dead!!