Template

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

And that's why it's called an accident

Kari watched the girls for me again today while I had to work.  I have really appreciated her help but I can also appreciate how tired she must be at the end of the day.  These kids are busy! She has been bringing them to the library and they have LOVED it!  

We planned to sleep over again tonight.  I thought I would stay home with the kids tonight and send Kari off to do some errands or shopping or just sit up in her room with the door closed and not have to answer to anyone but thanks to Grandma Chris, coming over in the afternoon and helping out so she could get a break, the plans had changed.  Kristin and Bobby invited us over to show Kari her house and then we would all go out to dinner.

When I got to Kari's she informed me about a little accident that occured today. 
Hannah was rocking back and forth on her chair while at the table and her chair slipped and she bumped her chin.  (Of course that happened....I always warned Hannah about that).  She said it only bled for a little bit and they put a band-aid on it but she has been playing fine.
I called Hannah down to take a look and when I saw that the band-aid had some blood peeking through something told me we should take a look before we leave.
She laid her head in my lap and as soon as I took the band-aid off I knew what we needed to do.
It wasn't big and at a first glance it appeared that the skin was scraped off her chin but after looking closer I could see that her chin was split, the fat was peeking out and we were headed to the clinic.


Sure enough Dr Kelly agreed that we needed to close this up and thankfully it was a perfect situation for 'skin glue'.  He just needed to clean her up, trim the stuff peeking out, glue her up and we would be done.
This kid was a ROCKSTAR today!
She was super nervous but sat still and followed directions-I am so proud of her!

Worst part of it all, no swimming for 5 days.  Boo :-(

1 comment:

Patience said...

Super trooper! Violet does the same thing - despite the warnings.... You simply cannot suppress their inner dare devil!