Template

Saturday, February 04, 2012

Mob Boss

She doesn't look the part.

She looks like a sweet little, goofy girl who is full of life.

Most days she is however lately I have thought of her more as a Mob Boss.

She wakes up in the morning and wants to snuggle for a few minutes.  She is as sweet as ever and then decides she wants breakfast.
"Make me something to eat and get me a drink."

Whoa- excuse me?  You can ask nicer than that.

"Please."  (said in a very matter of fact way with a touch of attitude)

Home from daycare and sitting on the couch watching a few minutes of her show before daddy turns on the news.

"Hailey.  Get me drink for me."

Hailey walks over to the fridge and gets her drink for her.

35 lbs of spunk sitting on the couch bossing everyone around.

The sad part is most of us give in to her and give her what she is asking for.

She sure knows how to turn the sweet on but she has got a side to her that can make a mom a little-wee bit nervous.

I think it's time to start telling the boss no once in a while.

1 comment:

Patience said...

For the sake of her future (way in the future) husband and children, start introducing the "no"! Of course, we aren't very good telling Violet "no" either when she is gesturing furiously for something.... We're creating terrible monsters!