Template

Friday, October 29, 2010

Those eyes


Got home from work tonight and was feeling a little overwhelmed.

Brian asked me what was wrong and I warned him that it was not a good time to talk about it.  Of course like most men would, he kept urging me to tell him "What's the big deal?". 

Well, it took all of about 3 seconds before I broke out into tears. 
(Hailey was in the living room playing and Hannah was in her bedroom.)

Hannah came out of her room and walked up to me.

Hannah: "Mom, why you have those eyes on?"
Me:  "What eyes, huh?"
Hannah:  "Those eyes (pointing).  You crying eyes."

Made me think of early this week when we were reading about the Grumpy Old Troll (you know, the one that lives under the bridge) and she was very disturbed that in the book he doesn't have grumpy eyes.  "His eyes just fine, mom."

How amazing that at only 3 years old she is aware enough of others and how their expressions complement their mood. 

If only it were that easy to control our mood.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Sorry you had yo cryin' eyes on :(

That little girl is incredible!!!

Tammy said...

:( Hope things are going better this week.