Template

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

One Sweet Day


 

She made it just in time this morning.  Mom hadn't set an alarm but she woke up around 7 am and went straight to the hospital.  She arrived 'as it was happening'. 
All of this still seems so unreal.

A group of neighbors, Loriann and I had tickets to Boyz II Men and New Kids on the Block tonight.
It didn't feel 'right' to be going to the concert but at the same time, it's not like I have anything I can do here. Just like I wanted the girls to 'escape' all of this last night I felt like I needed to do that too,
 


I have seen Boyz II Men a few times.  I have been listening to them since the early 90's.  When we were just kids.  Everytime I see them I am surprised at how happy it makes me to hear them sing my favorite songs: Motownphilly, I'll Make Love to You and End of the Road are my absolute favorites!

As soon as they started singing  'One Sweet Day' the tears started flowing down my face. 

And I know you're shining down on me from heaven
Like so many friends we've lost along the way
And I know eventually we'll be together
One Sweet Day


Jennie was here tonight too.  As soon as they sang that verse for the first time I had to text her- partly so that I could get my mind off the song and maybe distract myself from the moment.
The text I got back from Jennie was confirmation that she too was in tears, that didn't help.


Soon it was time for NKOTB- clearly the group everyone was here to see.
The crowd LOVES them and goes WILD over them.  It's kinda crazy to think all these grown women are still so into these guys. 
They put on a great show and for a few hours gave me the escape from reality that I needed.



**Blog Title and some photo credit to Jennie DeLisle- couldn't help myself


No comments: