Template

Thursday, March 02, 2017

Warm Breakfast

Today when I came down for breakfast I could smell food.
I turned the corner and there she was.  Hannah was in the kitchen "Good Morning Mom".
"I made you breakfast this morning so that you could enjoy a warm breakfast for once"


Awwww how sweet!  At the same time it made me feel awful.  At the beginning of the year, I decided that I needed to start eating better in the morning.  I would typically have crackers, a piece of fruit, a granola bar or nothing.  By 9 am I was ready to chew my arm off and had trouble concentrating.  I usually make scrambled eggs.  Sometimes an omelet or breakfast sandwich.
Mornings can be very busy. I am making breakfast for Brian and I, going through backpacks, making cold lunches if needed, grabbing drinks for the girls while they watch YouTube on their phones.  I had made a comment a few times about how it sure would be nice if they could do some of this themselves so that I could actually eat a warm breakfast. 
Oops- they were obviously listening.


I appreciate Hannah's awareness of others so much.  She has always been conscious of others and very motherly.  She did a great job with the food today and my warm breakfast was very appreciated!



No comments: