Template

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

One Man Show




Tonight Kami, Loriann, Molly and I went to the Ed Sheeran concert.
Christina Perri opened for him.  
Our seats were awful.  Club Level way in the corner.  They were the best we could get and we hate to risk not getting tickets so sometimes you just gotta take what you get.
I have to admit that I was not totally excited about this concert.  I love concerts and didn't not want to go but I would have been fine skipping it.  
That was until I actually saw the show.  Knowing now what I know, I HAD to be there.
I was SO thoroughly impressed with Ed.  I have never been a huge fan of his songs because I always feel like he whisper sings.  I hate that type of tone/sound but he has a few songs where he really sings and I love those songs.  BUT I HAD NO IDEA what his 'thing' was.
I had NO idea that this guy is a one man show.
Before every song he records himself making different sounds.  Some with his guitar or other instruments, some with his mouth or tapping on the mic stand.
Then, he clicks something with his foot on the ground and the music plays.  
It was amazing!
No band, no back singers.  No one else on stage (except for the duet he did with Christina).
He didn't totally convert me, I don't find myself playing his music more than I had before this but I have a ton of respect for him and how talented he is. 


No comments: