Template

Monday, September 14, 2015

I cried all day



Conversation during dinner tonight
Mom:  "How was your day today?  What did you do?"
Hailey:  "I cried all day"
Mom:  "What?!  What do you mean you cried all day?!  Are you serious?  Is this for real?"
Hannah:  "No, it's true.  She cries everyday after you drop her off at A+ and usually cries when I drop her off to her classroom.  Today her teacher had to PULL her off of me while she was crying.  She separated us and then I had to run to my classroom."
Me (stunned):  "Why have I not heard about this until today?  What is going on?  Why are you crying?  Honey, Hailey, that makes me so sad."
Hannah:  "Mom, I'm taking care of it."

What in the world just happened?!  Did my 8 yr old really just tell me that she's got the situation under contro1?!  And clearly she must, how else have we gone a week into school and not heard about any of this.

I learned that Hailey is just nervous.  She misses us during the day.  She also loves school and is fine once she gets into the environment.  I guess I shouldn't be too surprised considering how her transition to Bound went (tears everyday for weeks), attempted drop offs to birthday parties, etc.

My poor girl.  It breaks my heart to think that she had some rough days but it makes me feel better knowing that Hannah is there.  Obviously it doesn't mean as much to Hailey but at least I know there are some eyes on her checking things out.
Their classrooms are also directly next door to each other, also gives me a tiny bit of comfort.
Hope things get better for this one, adjustments are hard but I'm confident that this will pass.

1 comment:

Patience said...

Heartbreaking! It is so hard when they are sad to go off on their own instead of super excited and ready to go! I am with you, though - I always feel better when I know that Violet and Oscar are together.