Template

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Sushi Time


Ever since our trip to Disney, Hannah has been asking to go out for sushi.
Tonight we got all of us together for Happy Hour and dinner at Osaka.
Hannah was checking the menu for the perfect sushi to try.  There were a couple she had her eye on so we got a few different kinds for her to try.  She really really wanted to try salmon so we added one of those to the list.  
When the sushi came, she dug right in.  There was quite a bit of soy sauce on it and she put the whole piece in her mouth.  Within a few seconds she started to feel sick, spit out the sushi and decided she was done.  Not really sure what happened.  The smells were pretty strong in the restaurant, it was dark and pretty loud.  I think a mixture of everything and the anticipation and excitement just got to her.  Even I started to feel sort of 'off' half way through the dinner.
Osaka has never been my favorite.  Have had sushi other places and even though it's not my favorite I can usually eat it.  This time I just felt - ick.
I felt so bad for her, she has been so excited for this night- she has been so excited for a sushi date.  Up until today she was a sushi eater and now after this experience claims she will NEVER try it again.  I hope that's not true.   I love how adventurous she is sometimes.  WAY more than I ever was and in some cases, way more than I will ever be.  I love that part about her.
 I hope she keeps an open mind and someday decides to give it another shot.
Once we were done I ran her to Jimmy Johns so she could get some food.  After a few bites she decided she was done for the night and just wanted to go to bed.  Maybe there was something else going on.
Hailey had some type of Teriyaki Lo Mein and LOVED IT!  She definitely wants to go back.
Not sure I will ever get Hannah back....

1 comment:

Kari said...

I am on Team Hannah I think on this one. Sushi is NOT a favorite of mine, and the Osaka sushi is...meh. I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that, even though I love seafood, sushi isn't up my alley.