Template

Friday, July 21, 2017

Croc Convention at the Pub



The first Pizza Pub trip with the boys and Kari for the summer!
In this picture you can really see how much Agustin has grown.
He has crossed the line from kid into young man.  It's so weird.  It's especially weird when we don't get to see him much throughout the year and then when we see them we are getting a full years worth of changes all at once.  He's starting to shave, his voice is lower.  He has such a great sense of humor.  He is polite, intelligent and respectful.
My favorite thing about Agustin this year is seeing him with his phone.  I know this sounds crazy but let me tell you why.  This year he is all about his headphones and his music- just like a real teenager!


They are always so well behaved when they are here and I don't think that will ever change. Kari and Andy have always been better about limiting screen time and encouraging their kids to read, play outside and play games.  I absolutely loved watching him get so into his tunes. 
Of course he is still engaging in conversation, well behaved and polite but there was a piece to him this year that was 'so grown up'.  It's hard to explain.   It was almost like he seemed so much more independent- kind of like he had 'his own thing going on'.
I love these boys and wish that we could see them more often.  I know we are so lucky to see them as much as we do considering they live so far away but I can't help but to want more time.

1 comment:

Kari said...

I agree with your assessment of Agustín - having his own thing going on lol. And it's only gotten "worse"! Can't wait to see you all this summer.