Template

Sunday, May 07, 2017

This Might Be It


Today might have been the girls last dance recital.
Hannah got her 5 year trophy which she was very proud of.
They have both been talking that maybe after this year they would quit dance for a few years.  Hailey really wants to try gymnastics and Hannah has wanted to try Volleyball and keep her options open for other sports or clubs that may come up.
They haven't completely made their minds up yet but as of now they are informing me that I should not be buying their costumes for next year yet.
Not gonna lie, it's going to make me real sad if they choose not to dance.
I won't really miss watching everyone else's kids dance but I will miss the other dance moms, the friends that you make that you look forward to visiting with once per week while sitting on the cold floor in the hallway at the school.  I won't miss early class nights and hurrying up to eat dinner so that
we can leave the house.  I won't miss working around the dance, basketball, softball and now gymnastics practices.  And I won't miss watching the Vikings games from a cellphone while sitting on the school bleachers waiting to watch my own girls dance for 3 minutes.
But I will actually miss those 3 minutes of watching them.  They were both good.
They both were always smiling and knew what they should be doing.
I will miss watching their dances through the tears in my eyes.
Whatever they decide to do, it should be their decision.
I certainly don't want them to keep doing something just because I want them to do it.



 

No comments: