Template

Saturday, January 07, 2017

Rebels BBall AND 1st Grade STEM Fair AND Furniture Movers


Hannah is playing basketball this year.  3-4 graders and GIRLS ONLY! 
She is on a team with some girls she already knows which always makes it more fun.


Hailey is not a huge fan of having to watch her sister every Saturday morning.  Today she occupied her time writing out Math problems.  She's got this fact table down!


Tonight Chloe slept over so the girls could work on their STEM Fair project.
They worked with Chloe's mom one night to decide their project.  They decided to work on finding out which type of wrapper would keep apple slices the freshest.  They tested green and red apples with tinfoil, paper bags, plastic baggies, wax paper and plastic wrap.




Hailey was supposed to be taking notes about the apples :-) 
Guess she would rather talk about Chloe, her bestie.


We wrapped up the apples and checked on them throughout the night.  Smelling, tasting, touching and recording our observations.  Then we did one more observation in the am.


We were all pretty surprised to see that in the am the red apple could actually
 bend and roll into a ball.

 
Tonight while I was assisting the girls with their experiment my lady friends decided it would be really funny to move our living room furniture around.  Before I could stop them they had picked up the couch and started the relocation....


I have to admit I was freaking out pretty good.  I was not in the mental mind for this to happen.
I was SURE that my family would have something to say about it, not to mention I was in the middle of a science project!  They promised that they would put things back where they found them.  I took a picture so that I could look at it later when I wasn't freaking out.  Showed the picture to the family the next morning and they all wondered why we didn't leave it?!  haha- just goes to show, you think you know someone. We haven't made the change yet.  I think we may have to because the more I look at this picture the more the new set up grows on me but right now we need to just focus on one thing at a time.  Well, two.  STEM Fair and getting my kitchen table back.
After all, the other night when we were all eating at the card table in the dining room, Hannah informed us that she was not a fan of this new dinner arrangement.  It made her feel 'poor'.



No comments: