Template

Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Here I Go Again- UGH


I have been going round and round and back and forth about what to do about the table.  I knew right away that I wanted the chairs dark.  That was an easy decision.
I couldn't help but think that I wanted to do something different with the table.
I have seen two tone tables in the past and have loved the way they look.
This however means that I have to make yet another decision (and we all know how awful I am at this!).  I went to Menards one night and forced myself to just choose one.  It's not that hard.  Nobody else will have any idea what color I meant to get and there is no way that anyone would look at the table and say "It looks great but you should have used Color 451 instead.    Well, guess what?  I brought it home and it was all wrong.  WAY to bright white.  So I went to Sherwin Williams- easy, right?  I want a clean creamy whiteish.  How hard could that be?  It's a paint store and I already made one mistake, this time I knew that as soon as I saw it I would know. 
Ummmm..... go check out a paint section of a store and look at how many whiteish colors there are. UGH!
With the help of the guy at the store and after walking around the store in various lighting we finally made a choice.  Brought it home to Brian to try it out.  This time it was perfect!
Now my only issue was trusting the process and trusting in my design decision.

 

No comments: