Template

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Hello and Goodbye

Hello paint!


I worked from home today so that I could let the painters in!  I am so excited for today.
They came around 9, took a break for lunch and were gone by 2 pm.
Well worth the money! We could have never done this so quickly and perfectly. 
They did a fantastic job! 



 

Goodbye Prince

The world lost a great one today.
I saw this post while checking in on Facebook today.
It was clear that it was probably Prince, why else would this be posted with no additional information.  Later in the day it was confirmed it was Prince. 


The state is in shock.
Flocks of people are gathering at Paisley Park leaving flowers, signs, and lighting candles.
I am not sure it has totally sunk in.  It feels like a sick prank although it's on every channel. 
 News of his passing is everywhere.
I am a fan of Prince.  I am not going to lie about it, he's not in my top 10.
I was way more into Michael Jackson than I was into Prince.  I like his songs but don't ever remember seeing his movie.  I have NEVER found him attractive and there are plenty of songs that I down right hate.  I can appreciate his influence and I love his attitude.
I dated a guy who's best friend was Prince's bodyguard (back in the 90's) and was given multiple opportunities to go see him in concert or attend parties at Paisley Park.  I never did take him up on any of the offers and now, many years later, regret it.


No comments: