Template

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Farmer Hannah

 

One thing that I love/hate about CBPA is that its an environmental science magnet.  I love how much the girls are learning about plants, animal and the earth but I am not a huge fan of how many days they get sent home with plants, seeds or dirt that then I am expected to care about.
I kill things.  I am not good at raising plants.  I over water.  I don't know if they need sun or rest or just a good chat.  I don't know what to do when they start to sprout and grow.  When do they need to move, do you repot, when are they suppose to flower, is this an inside plant or outside plant?
I know that part of the intent is so that the kids do the care and feeding.  You know better.  It doesn't work that way.  It's fun for them to see the progress and sure, they will do the work but someone needs to tell them to do the work and that's the part I hate.  Sorry.  Sorry to admit it but I do.
Hannah was given some beans from school.  Something they started growing at school and it was now time for them to take them home to continue the process.  After a few days on the counter it was time for these things to go.  Hannah wanted to plant the beans in our yard but again, not going to happen so Steve and Katie let her use their yard since it would be a few weeks before they had landscaping.  Pays to have good neighbors!


No comments: