Template

Wednesday, February 04, 2015

For the love of comfort


This is breaking my heart.  My very favorite sweatshirt is coming to the end of it's life.
I have worn this sweatshirt more than any other article of clothing in my life.  This is my go to hanging around the house shirt.  It has traveled with me on many adventures across the country and even made it's way to Ecuador.
It was there when I went through college and has moved with me four times.
It has comforted me when I was sad and needed to cry, it was there with me during both of my pregnancies and during two maternity leaves.   In fact, I wore this sweatshirt during the typing for the majority of the posts on this blog.  It's my favorite thing to wear when I get home from work and the first thing that I want to put on when I wake up.

I knew this day would eventually come and I have had my eye out for another oversized sweatshirt made from just the right material to eventually take it's place but I have not had any luck.
What do I do now?  The thought of sewing these holes together just feels wrong although the thought of getting rid of it isn't an option.



No comments: